2019 ends in the next few hours … It is now time to take stock of the past year.
In 2019, we are happy to have:
– Educated more than 1,200 children through our various educational programs and projects
– Welcomed more than 2,000 visitors during our daily presentations at the Moorea Sea turtle care center and during events
– Implemented a new website with resources accessible to all and allowing online donations
– Received 575 sick and injured turtles and released 240of them into their natural environment
– Inventoried 194 green turtle nests with an estimate of 14 700 eggs on Tetiaroa atoll
– Identified 875 kaveu (coconut crab) also in Tetiaroa
– Collected nearly 1 ton of waste on the island of Moorea
– And much more…
This would not have been possible without the support of our partners, the commitment of our volunteers, the work of Te mana o te moana’s team and the collaboration of the different structures that participated with us in various projects.
In 2020, we are committing to implement more actions for the protection of the environment.
And you, what are your resolutions for 2020?
Commit with us and take actions in your daily life to better protect the environment!