The MANA HONU event “Aita te pehu” which was held on Thursday January 30th in Moorea brought together associations, businesses, hotels, the local population and the representatives of the municipality who all participated in the MANA HONU Project.
The objective was to discuss the actions that were implemented in 2019 and what is to come for 2020.
A big thank you to everyone for your participation in this project and for your commitment to fight with us against plastic pollution on our beautiful island!
Participants in the project: Commune de Moorea-Maiao, Les bourdons de Moorea, Les libellules de Moorea, Moorea Biodiversité, Coral Gardeners, L’amicale des pêcheurs de Moorea, Puna Reo Piha’e’ina, Stéphanie Randonneix, P.Originals, Magasin Tiahura, Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort and Spa, InterContinental Tahiti Resort, Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort, José marquez, Maïre Nathalie Barnaud and many more…
Partners: Fondation Prince Albert II de Monaco, Jean-François Clervoy & Frank Lehot, Vilebrequin, Univairmer, InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa, Syndicat FENUA MA.
The MANA HONU PROJECT
Educational program with concrete actions to fight against plastic pollution in Moorea
- Creation of a MANA HONU mascot: the « wise turtle »
- Creation of posters on the impact of plastic on the local fauna and on the eco-citizen habits to adopt
- Creation of several comics, a 7 families game and a paper hen
- Organization of educational workshops in schools
- Display on school buses around the island of Moorea
- Conduct of an awareness campaign with local businesses in Moorea and with the signing of a charter
- Implementation of a Kilometer Point Sponsorship Program around Moorea with a commitment to collect waste once a month in the sponsored area – 10 associations and businesses have participated in this program