Te mana o te moana's objective is to implement concrete actions to understand, educate and protect the Polynesian marine environment.
3 MAIN DOMAINS OF ACTION
Implementation of actions to understand, care for and protect the sea turtles of French Polynesia.
Creation of learning supports, programs and projects to raise awareness on the protection of the marine environment.
Implementation of actions combining science, nature and culture for a better understanding and protection of the Polynesian marine environment.
A dynamic team, oustanding patrons, motivated interns and very involved volunteers. Discover the team of Te mana o te moana!
Several organizations are precious partners of Te mana o te moana: financial support, technical expertise, international exposure, etc. They are all of great help to the association!
MAKE A DONATION
Your generosity would allow us to:
- Maintain the operations of the association and more specifically at the Sea turtle care center
- Continue to educate young children and the general public on environmental concerns
- Create new research programs on themes such as sea turtles, marine mammals, coral reefs, etc.
- Develop innovative solutions to monitor but also protect the richness of the marine environment of French Polynesia
OFFICE & FACILITIES
Since June 2023, Te mana o te moana is hosted within the Intercontinental Tahiti Resort in Faa'a. The facilities include :
- an office
- an education fare for the associations' education programs
- a care room for sea turtles care
- a welcome kiosk to welcome the general public
- an informative fare with information on the association and its actions
- a sea turtle lagoon for the turtles' rehabilitation