We create learning supports and propose educational programs and projects to raise awareness on the protection of the Polynesian marine environment.
PERMANENT EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS
Educational programs proposed throughout the year to schools, education centers, camps and other education establishments in French Polynesia.
- Presentation of reptiles
- Group educational workshops
- Visit to the Sea turtle care center where children discover the current residents and the provided care
- Combines different themes: marine mammals, sea turtles and environment
- Informative and educational games
- Visit to the Sea turtle care center and discovery of current residents
- Educational and interactive games highlighting the richness of the marine world
- Discovery of the coral garden designed by Te mana o te moana
- Equipped with masks, students discover different coral species and their specific roles with the set up of a coral cut
- Discovery of the Sea turtle care center and its current residents and discussion on their pathologies
- Workshop on a specific theme: marine mammals, sea turtles, coral reefs, environmental concerns, eco-responsibility, etc.
- With the help of a biologist and specialized educators, participants develop their knowledge on a specific theme
2021 CURRENT PROJECT
MANA HONU "Aita te pehu!"
Educational program with concrete actions to fight against plastic pollution in Moorea, Punaauia and soon in Bora Bora :
- Organization of educational workshops in schools
- Set-up of informative panels on the damages created by plastic pollution and the eco-friendly habits to adopt in Punaauia municipality
- Display on school buses around the island of Moorea
- Creation of a MANA HONU mascot: the « wise turtle »
- Creation of posters on the impact of plastic on the local fauna and on the eco-friendly habits to adopt
- Creation of several comics, a 7 families game and a paper hen
- Conduct of an awareness campaign with local businesses in Moorea and with the signing of a charter
- Implementation of a Kilometer Point Sponsorship Program around Moorea with a commitment to collect waste in the sponsored area
2021 CURRENT PROJECT
Distribution of ecological flasks and awareness campaign on plastic pollution in Tahiti and Moorea:
- Distribution of ecological flasks in Tahiti and Moorea schools
- Organization of educational workshops during the flask distribution to raise awareness on the importance of limiting plastic consumption and on the use of eco-friendly habits
- Creation of posters for schools
- Waste collection on the belt road with other foundations, citizens and schools
2020 SCIENCE FESTIVAL
For this new edition of the Science festival on the theme « Human-Nature Interactions: What new perspectives ? », numerous events were planned:
- Virtual visits: 360° vision of the infrastructures and the actions of the Polynesian scientific and environmental protection stakeholders.
- e-learning capsuls: Created in the studios of the General Direction for Education and Teaching with scientists and foundation actors.
- Conference cycles: Presentations of researchers and association actors of the scientific community.
- Educational workshops: Workshops in Tahiti and Moorea schools by scientists and foundation stakeholders.
RECENT PROJECT 2019
Marine Educational Area
- Small coastal sea area managed in a participatory manner by students
- Pedagogical and eco-citizen project of knowledge and protection of the marine environment for students and young children
- Participation of close to 6200 children in these educational projects
- Focus on a variety of themes: sea turtles, marine mammals, coral reefs, environmental protection, etc.
- If schoolchildren cannot come to the Te mana o te moana facilities, the Honu chest is the perfect option. This instructional chest on sea turtles includes 39 educational supports: educative manuals, teacher's guide, activity booklets, videos, board games, DVDs, etc.